not in our stars, but in ourselves
The very kind Sequins and Cherry Blossoms nominated me for a Versatile Blogger Award, and apparently all you need in order to win is to list seven facts about yourself and fifteen other nominees. In true blogger/navel-gazer fashion, I have absolutely no problem rattling off seven uninteresting things about myself; however, because I am such a jerk and a loser, I’m having a hard time thinking of fifteen other blogs to nominate. I do more socializing over on Tumblr, sorry to say – here, I just ramble on and post whatever and somehow or other, people other than me and my mom read it.
So if you want a nomination, you should tell me! Like, seriously. I’ll be happy to help. I don’t even know what winners get, but I’m sure it’s fabulous.
Oh, and here are seven facts:
1. I always wanted to be a ballet dancer when I was a kid, and I probably still do, but I’m too old and slow and fat now. Sometimes I consider “pulling a Zelda,” as I call it: like the late Mrs. Fitzgerald, re-commencing serious ballet training now that I’m in my late 20s and having a mental breakdown as a result. Stay tuned – now that I’m back in the States, I just might be bored enough to do it.
2. The movie Babe never fails to make me weep happy tears, and I don’t care if that lowers your opinion of my movie-apprising abilities. That little pig is a goddamn inspiration. (And the reason I don’t eat pork – I’d no sooner eat dog meat.)
3. I always think I’ll turn into Lucille Bluth when I’m une femme d’un certain âge…
…but I’ll probably turn into Lucille Austero.
4. My Christoph Waltz obsession is getting a little out of hand.
5. My Vladimir Nabokov obsession has always been out of hand.
6. Relatedly, I want to learn German and Russian. I used to be able to speak and read French pretty well, but I’m rather rusty.
7. Spring in New England is the most beautiful thing in the world, bar none.